Home > Approach > What would be a good elevator pitch for a Realtor?

What would be a good elevator pitch for a Realtor?

Many of us who are Realtors offer many of the same services. You know we market homes for seller and help buyers find homes. What would be a good elevator pitch for a Realtor? - by realtor
Hi realtor.

Virtually every salesperson in the world is only one of a large group offering the same (or similar) products and services. So an elevator speech for a real estate agent can be effective just as it can be effective for an office furniture salesperson, a luggage salesperson, or a salesperson of sales training products and services (me!).

Before writing an elevator speech, I would encourage any agent to identify competitive advantages from all those other agents and highlight them in your speech. What do YOU bring to the table, realtor, that the guy down the street doesn't? Whatever that difference is, it belongs in your elevator speech.

Skip - by Skip Anderson
Before you can develop an elevator speech or a better phrase, Unique Selling Proposition, you need to determine who's your target market.

That target market should be a specific group of people you specialize in helping, say first time home buyers or empty nesters.

Then you can develop a short, concise, unique description of the services that you provide to that group of individuals.

If you are trying to be everything to all people, then you are just like most of the other Realtors, with no reason for someone to do business with you verses everyone else who sells Real Estate. - by Jim Klein
Many of us who are Realtors offer many of the same services. You know we market homes for seller and help buyers find homes. What would be a good elevator pitch for a Realtor?
I'll tell you what, if you have two roll-off-your-tongue elevator pitches (a 30 second and a 60 second) that focus more on what the customer wants than what you want, you'll stand out from all the others.

It may seem sad to think salespeople have reduced themselves to soundbites like this in doing business. Then again, selling today stretches our communication abilities. For salespeople, particularly for those who are shy or introverts or otherwise reluctant to even make an introduction, an attractive elevator pitch is a must have to have to connect in a way that the customer knows whether you are focused on them or yourself.

After you clarify yours by getting feedback from your customers, why don't you post yours here? - by patweber
I see some great replies with solid information.

In your pitch, be sure to describe your average client and how they benefited by doing business with you. You want your prospect to relate to your "target" or average client.

Keep it short and to the point. - by Sales Training Coach
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.