Home > Jobs > What big ticket sales opportunities are out there today?

What big ticket sales opportunities are out there today?

I have been selling manufactured homes for the past few years but the market isn't what it used to be. It's time to start looking for greener pastures. What big ticket sales opportunities are out there today, not counting real estate or jet sales? - by Thomas
I have been selling manufactured homes for the past few years but the market isn't what it used to be. It's time to start looking for greener pastures. What big ticket sales opportunities are out there today, not counting real estate or jet sales?
Thomas, I have seen many people in sales substantially increase their income by entering another segment of the distribution chain rather than finding another product. People who have gone from the retail segment to the wholesale supplier or manufacturer side would be an example. - by Ace Coldiron
Thomas, a couple questions and a comment for you:

What is your definition of "high ticket?"

Have you considered selling something that isn't "high ticket?"

As you're considering making a change, please keep in mind that in many product/service areas, the market isn't what it used to be. I highly recommend you read Seth Godin's "The Dip"; it may help you sort out your situation.

Skip - by Skip Anderson
Thomas, I have seen many people in sales substantially increase their income by entering another segment of the distribution chain rather than finding another product. People who have gone from the retail segment to the wholesale supplier or manufacturer side would be an example.
This would be great because I could still use some of what I've learned over the last few years. I will look around.

Thomas, a couple questions and a comment for you:

What is your definition of "high ticket?"

Have you considered selling something that isn't "high ticket?"

As you're considering making a change, please keep in mind that in many product/service areas, the market isn't what it used to be. I highly recommend you read Seth Godin's "The Dip"; it may help you sort out your situation.

Skip
Bigger commissions like you would make selling a house or a used car is what I think of as high ticket. I'll look up "The Dip".

Thank you Ace and Skip. thmbp2; - by Thomas
Thomas,
What do you enjoy? What is your passion? If, for example, you love fishing, get involved in that industry. As a big ticket sale, sell a ton of fishing supplies to a large retailer. I always tell salespeople to sell something they enjoy.
Nick Moreno - by Sales Training Coach
I like the reference to Seth's The Dip

I have, and still do, market products from $10 to
Several Hundred Thousands.

Being a strange Duck I have always based my necessity Income level from the sale of "low priced" Consumable, Affordable Products...

Food being my Favorite.

The big Ticket Items have just allowed Wealth Building, since their Income is Not Needed for sustenance.

Love the suggestion to "enter into the Supply side".

When I started Farming in my early 20's I sold Seed, to provide Cash Flow between Crops....everyone needed it, regardless the Crop outcome, and everyone needed Fuels..So I also sold Fuel, and Fertilizer, and Implements.

My Farming had it's ups & downs, Big Wins and Big Losses, but the sales of Consumables kept the Cost of living handled.

Because of those early experiences, I developed a Passion SOLVING Problems = SELLING!

Ideal Business:
Create the Product and Handle all of the Profit Centers through to the End user.

BUT IT TAKES SALES ( marketing techniques) along the all of the stops - by cjbart
I hve great experience selling software and medical capital equipment. Longer cycle but worth it. - by b2brep
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.