Home > Direct Marketing > Best and Most Cost Effective Way to Direct Market

Best and Most Cost Effective Way to Direct Market

What is the most Effective and Direct Way too Market that is Budget Effective without costing over the limit? - by Sanddollar
What is the most Effective and Direct Way too Market that is Budget Effective without costing over the limit?
What budget and how are you measuring effectiveness? - by SalesGuy
Cold calling is probably the cheapest way to go (although not the most pleasant). If you prefer to use mailing, I think it is much more effective if it is in conjunction with calling. I have NEVER had much luck with straight mailings and it can get expensive.

I am currently experimenting with a new direct mail idea: I call my target company and ask for the name of the decision maker. I then send them an inexpensive billfold in a hand addressed envelope which makes a curiously lumpy piece of mail. I attach a very short letter that starts out with: Why am I sending you this billfold? So I can help you fill it with money....." I then call them the next week to make an appointment to tell them about our "Fill The Billfold Challenge." The cost is a little over $1.83 a piece (which is still not bad), but I don't believe in "mass mailing." I think each piece should be hand picked, highly targeted, and followed up on if you w