Home > Interview > Please explain what ready, willing and able means.

Please explain what ready, willing and able means.

I can guess that Able means they are able to make the final decision and are able to afford the purchase but what does ready and willing mean? - by Community Mailbox
There are numerous dynamics involved in the sales cycle of which a SR needs to be aware. In this instance, you're questioning whether the "suspect" is:
>> "READY": the time lines are correct meaning now is good; and,
>> "WILLING": the offering is appealing implying that you've gained acceptance to what you're selling as a good match to what the suspect needs; and,
>> "ABLE": implies that this person sitting in front of you has the mandate to act, in other words, this purchase decision is within the realm of their job (no one else required);

In my professional experience, the consistently successful SR's (whether B2B, B2C, or B2G) spend whatever resources required to uncover this information as early as possible in the cycle.

Good luck & Good selling!
Pat - by OUTSource Sales
I can guess that Able means they are able to make the final decision and are able to afford the purchase but what does ready and willing mean?
It seems that the question is founded on a premise that Ready and Willing have an esoteric meaning that is reserved for sales discussions. I don't think that at all. Ready is ready and willing is willing. No need to look for complexities where they don't exist. - by Ace Coldiron
Here is the way I break these down:
  • Ready - I've made my decision.
  • Willing - I'm willing to do this now.
  • Able - I have the ability to make the decision and the ability to pay.
- by Houston
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.