Home > Closing > What are some percentages on closing?

What are some percentages on closing?

I am a member on the painters network and a very active poster there, I will post about many of the new debates we are having there in time because it is all great stuff, but for now:

What are some close ratio percentages on one call close vs. the regular blue color drop off the price and hope they call back.

If the common percentage is only 30% close ratio of the drop off type, I assume the one call closers over all ratio would be around 60% - by Mr. Mike
I am a member on the painters network and a very active poster there, I will post about many of the new debates we are having there in time because it is all great stuff, but for now:

What are some close ratio percentages on one call close vs. the regular blue color drop off the price and hope they call back.

If the common percentage is only 30% close ratio of the drop off type, I assume the one call closers over all ratio would be around 60%
No one can give you an answer to: "What are some close ratio percentages on one call close vs. the regular blue color drop off the price and hope they call back."

It doesn't matter what B2C business you are in, the biggest problem /business owners/salespeople always express to me, when they become clients, is HOW do I get BOTH or ALL of the decision makers to meet with me on the first appointment.

When you are meeting with the decision makers, your closing percentage has to improve.

If you go on a 'one legged appointment' don't be surprised if you get "I need to discuss this with ____________". - by Paulette Halpern

If the common percentage is only 30% close ratio of the drop off type, I assume the one call closers over all ratio would be around 60%
My first comment is that a "drop-off", aka cross your fingers method, is inexcusable in selling. Of course that's not selling, it's "estimating" in a non-productive manner. Consider the horrible waste of capital in the form of sales leads, often generated by hard earned advertising dollars.

In the home improvement sector which includes painting, a very high conversion ratio is attainable in "one call". Ninety percent and even higher can be realized consistently, but the driving forces behind such successes are not common knowledge among salespeople in the remodeling industry. Sadly, many representatives are miscast, and would be hard-pressed to develop the necessary skills and understanding, even though they might have impressive knowledge of their specific building trade.They are good at what they do, but they are not good at selling.

In my opinion, the two factors that influence very high conversion rates in this arena are: the specific paths that lead to the appointments, and, mastery of in-home selling. The latter would include concentrated and serious study and awareness of the behavour, strengths, and weaknesses of the competition. Consumers want to buy with confidence, and the practice of simple fundamentals, like showing up at the appointed time, can instill such confidence.

To those who might be compelled to ask, by "specific paths", I'm referring to lead origins. In descending order of effectiveness, here are some examples:
  • Unsolicited referrals by past customers represent an opportunity for a very high conversion rate. It would be fair to include repeat customers here.
  • Leads from direct response marketing campaigns, that highlight Emotional Selling Propositions, can have a high rate if the in-the-home sales presentations are devised with continuity of (extended from) the campaign message itself.
  • Leads from trade shows that are direct follow-ups to sales conversations that take place at the event can enjoy good conversion rates.
  • Leads from trade shows that are followed up by telemarketers are less effective in producing successful conversion rates in the home.
  • Straight telemarketing calls produce only poor to moderate success from the appointments they generate.
All of the above examples of lead origin would obviously manifest their respective potentials with mastery of face-to-face selling skills.

In studies I've made of the home improvement field, I have found a common link between the reputation of the contracting firm, and the quality of professional salespeople representing them. - by Ace Coldiron
I try to explain to folks the hardest part about what I do is close the appointment properly.

I am very successful at getting all decision makers on the first visit.

I would be happy to say what methods I use in another thread but for now, the reason I asked this one, is when I tried this method only with 3 days of practicing it, I sold 9 out of my next 12 Leeds on a one call. My painting buddies over there think I'm nuts if I close over 35% and if I keep up with the pace I am at with more practice I will close over 65% lol.

The moral to the story I guess is hello and looks like I have found a new home base for practicing closes.

Oh, btw I didn't think there would be an answer to the question because there really is so many variables involved. - by Mr. Mike
Oh, btw I didn't think there would be an answer to the question because there really is so many variables involved.
Mr. Mike, answers come from assessing the variables. - by Ace Coldiron
yes, this is why we look at all the angles,

thanks - by Mr. Mike
I never drop off a bid nor do I send through email or mail a price. I ask a question of why?They will tell me they are receiving bids or I wanted an idea of what it will cost. If your receiving bids why do you need my proposal you already have an idea of cost.If price is your only concern today you may want to use the bids you already have however if you want a qulaity - by rich34232
I never drop off a quote. I am not interested in being the check out person to see if my guy is over charging me.I ask a couple of questions one of which is why. Is price your only cocnern today ,if it is you may as well go with the bids you received.However if you are concerned about the quality,professionalism, expertise,warranty,service and service after the sale I am your guy. Let us go somewhere where it is more comfrotable for you to go over the details.
If tey tell me they need bids or want an idea of price I ask how many bids have you received. When they reply I say you already have an idea. - by rich34232
I have an ownership exchange 90-95% of the time. - by rich34232
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.