Home > Resistance > Intial meeting with B2C sales

Intial meeting with B2C sales

During one of our round table discussions We started to talk about our intial time spent with our clients. I call this the meet and greet portion of the sales process.

Rarely do I begin discussions on why I am there for at least fifteen -twenty minutes into our meet and greet. All of my clients have a problem and they know why I am there. I take this time building a long term relationship where my questions are guided by the clients and what they want to talk about. Building the friend relationship, allowing the client to become comfortable with me.

During this time I process what type of client, what kind of person.Their wants,needs and desires. The questions and answers guide me to what type of questions I need to ask when we start with the sales process. I know what kind of terminology that must be spoken and how much product knowledge the client has.

I override most if not all objections during this time including my price is to high. If I receive an objection it normally is the objection of that is more than I thought.This objection is relatively simple to overcome with value that already is built.

This process has helped with the ownership exchange 48 out of 50 times ,usually the amount of calls I do in a month.I may receive one buyers remorse in three months,less then 1% which I can live with . Normally this is a third party buyers remorse case,where the third party has no idea what went on during the process.The rest of the no sale percents are those who purchase strickly on price and do not think they deserve the best.

What is your process for the meet and greet of the client with B2C sales? - by rich34232
The natural instinct of many salespeople (especially untrained or inexperienced ones) is to talk about their product, their company, and themselves.

But, especially in an in-home selling situation, it's crucial to talk about the prospects, and to relate to them as human beings first, and prospects second. People love to talk about what's important to them, it's up to the salesperson to find out what's important.

This involves both product/service related issues, but to a large extent non-business issues as well. I've had people show me their train collection, their rooster product collection (plates, placemats, clocks, vases, cups, etc.), their book collection, their doll collection, their kids photos, etc. Why would they show this stuff to a salesperson? Because they love it, and because I allowed them to be comfortable enough to talk to me human being to human being not just prospect to salesperson.

What you call the "meet and greet" I call the "sit-down chit-chat warm-up" but it's not manipulative or sleazy or abusive...it's human. - by Skip Anderson
During my meet and greet I usually try to let the customer do all the talking while I guide the direction of conversation with questions. I try to find something or better yet someone that we both have in common or no. There is a theory that every person in the world can be linked together through seven aquaintenaces. (you know someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows someone, who knows someone, who knows someone) Gets some common ground and helps you relate to the customer. More importantly the customer starts seeing you was a person and not a sales person. People love to talk about themselves, if you give them the chance. So let them. - by jrboyd
6 degrees of seperation - by rich34232
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.