Home > Personal Selling > Need Opinion from Experts!

Need Opinion from Experts!

Hey guys!

In my process to learn more about this craft we call sales I have been watching videos on youtube. Ive looked at people from Zig Ziglar to unknowns. One of the videos that really caught my attention (not just his personality) is some guy named Claud Diamond (not trying to promote). I like the guys style and general energy and enthusiasm. Anybody have any opinions on this guys style of sales or any direct experience from in field. Let me know anything related.

Thanks,

Bryan - by Grinder
Hey guys!

In my process to learn more about this craft we call sales I have been watching videos on youtube. Ive looked at people from Zig Ziglar to unknowns. One of the videos that really caught my attention (not just his personality) is some guy named Claud Diamond (not trying to promote). I like the guys style and general energy and enthusiasm. Anybody have any opinions on this guys style of sales or any direct experience from in field. Let me know anything related.
I looked him up under Claude Diamond (note spelling). He's wearing a Hawaiian shirt in the blurb. A lot of guys that sell success wear those shirts. They sometimes wear doublebreasted sportcoats, and they always seem to look too tight, for some reason.

He said on his site that life is too short to drink cheap wine and drive a Yugo and that he really meant it. He says he's a mentor. Other than that, and the shirt, I didn't see anything that inspired me dramatcally to have him help me be successful in this craft we call sales.

What's your take?

What did you learn from Zig Ziglar and The Unknowns (sounds like a 60s rock group)? Anything useful? - by Ace Coldiron
Well I was just inspired by the energy he shows. I also like his straight to the point idea on sales.

Zig Ziglar has given me a solid foundation to start my sales skill on. I learned that if you have passion for your product this will transplate to inspiration and desire to work. It will instill a feeling that if you CAN'T sell to your prospects then they are truly missing out and that you have failed them as a sales professional. This then means that to serve your customers better you MUST become better and understanding how to learn the sales process all the way to the close in a way unique to each individual prospect.

I also learned some classic sales theories and pitchs like assumptive selling, etc. Overall I like Zig's style although it's a little too much fat and not enough meat for me. Definately good though. - by Grinder
Well I was just inspired by the energy he shows. I also like his straight to the point idea on sales.

Zig Ziglar has given me a solid foundation to start my sales skill on. I learned that if you have passion for your product this will transplate to inspiration and desire to work. It will instill a feeling that if you CAN'T sell to your prospects then they are truly missing out and that you have failed them as a sales professional. This then means that to serve your customers better you MUST become better and understanding how to learn the sales process all the way to the close in a way unique to each individual prospect.

I also learned some classic sales theories and pitchs like assumptive selling, etc. Overall I like Zig's style although it's a little too much fat and not enough meat for me. Definately good though.
Looks like you're doing your homework. Pay close attention to some of the stuff posted here by Gold Calling. I think his knowledge in that particular area goes way beyond Zig's. - by Ace Coldiron
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.