Home > Personal Selling > Looking for a Mentor to help in Building A Sales Orginization

Looking for a Mentor to help in Building A Sales Orginization

I am looking for someone that has experience in building an independent contractor based sale orginization. We are looking to expand our reach and have decided the best way for us is to use IC's. I've been one myself a couple of times in the past and have the basic outline for putting one together using seminar based recruitement. Someone who has done it to guide me through would be more than appreciated. We have a great product that actually has no sales resistance and is highly sought after. Exspecially during this current economic downturn. I want to expand regionally as we put together the protocals then move into the national theater. - by Mykal
I am looking for someone that has experience in building an independent contractor based sale orginization. We are looking to expand our reach and have decided the best way for us is to use IC's. I've been one myself a couple of times in the past and have the basic outline for putting one together using seminar based recruitement. Someone who has done it to guide me through would be more than appreciated. We have a great product that actually has no sales resistance and is highly sought after. Exspecially during this current economic downturn. I want to expand regionally as we put together the protocals then move into the national theater.
Wouldn't the commissions be low on a great product with no sales resistance? - by Ace Coldiron
I am looking for someone that has experience in building an independent contractor based sale orginization.
What sort of product are you selling ? - by TonyB
Mykal, I've had a quick peek at your profile which portrays that you're in the software business based in the US (I assume the west coast).

Questions about your post:
1. B2B? product or service or both? average sale?
2. by "IC network", is the implication that you're seeking contractors (agents) to sell the offering?
3. wrt offering:
a) how do you intend to contract this sales force (geographic territories, countries, vertical industries, etc.)?
b) given that you're using the term "contractor", how do you envision compensating?
c) what revenue opportunity is envisioned for the territories contemplated?
d) what level of margin is built into the model?
e) if the product has no "sales resistance", why are you contemplating such a complex approach to creating a salesforce?
4. what specifically are you seeking in terms of mentoring? - by OUTSource Sales
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.