Home > Resistance > How would you respond to these objections?

How would you respond to these objections?

Hello,

There are a few common objections I get when making B2B calls. I am in uniform / corporate apparel sales which deals with making sales to "chains", where the employees where a uniform or type of apparel at the various locations.

How would you respond to:

1. We have been with our current supplier for a long time and we are not looking to change suppliers.

2. We are happy with our current supplier.

3. Our current supplier takes care of us really well and have no reason to change.

I guess I am looking for the best way to get over these and to keep the conversation going. Or if you were subjected to these what would you do next?

Thanks. - by Jakobi
First, they are all the same objection.

Second, no one can really answer that unless we know what you did to encounter the objection in the first place. In other words, what opening line do you use?

Opening lines, which should contain a general benefit statement, these are not created equal - if I can put it that way ... !!!!!!! - by Gold Calling
Yea I guess they are the same. Mostly all the businesses I call have some sort of uniform program in place. Either a work shirt, hat, apron, etc. Also some are under contract and some are not with their current supplier.

I am trying to get their business obvioulsy and its 100% phone calls with about 95% voicemails. The companies that are not under contract will toss up objections like the ones I mentioned.

They usually know as soon as I mention uniforms or apparel they know why im calling and will toss objections like that at me.

I did though make a new voicemail guide after learning a few things today which is this: (havent tried it yet)

Hello _______,
This is _______ from _______ at _______ and I left you a voicemail on _______.
I am calling to discuss your uniform program and to save you money on your employee apparel. We are vey competitve and I would like to discuss some options that would increase your bottom line.
My number again is _______ and I would love the opportunity to introduce our company.
I am not sure if that helps you help me. Thanks. - by Jakobi
I did though make a new voicemail guide after learning a few things today which is this: (havent tried it yet)
shds; Is leaving a voicemail normal in the US? - by PiJiL
shds; Is leaving a voicemail normal in the US?
Well this the problem. I call companies all over the US. I make about 100 calls a week and have a database of roughly 600 companies that I have put together so far that would qualify as being call worthy.

I started off no leaving voicemails, however my boss (owner) got upset or suggested I do so.

I dont always leave voicemails. I will try to call a few times then hang up, I would rather just get them on the phone.

I have received a number of call backs though which has been helpful, but some people are just ghosts. - by Jakobi
I typically try the following:

First, I tell them I'm glad to hear they have a provider that works for them. Second, I ask if they have ANY issues whatsover with that provider, since I may be able to address some of them with my services (I typically have a list of differentiating factors that I can mention if they need a little help).

Finally, if all else fails, I make sure they have my contact information and let them know that my intentions at this time are to simply introduce myself and let them know they have alternatives if the need arises. I then follow up regularly to build our relationship and to keep myself in front of them so I'm there when the time is right.

I hope this helps.
Stephen - by sfrenkel
I leave a LOT of voicemails. It's an important way to establish contact. I know some colleagues who don't follow up, but I do. From personal experience, there are a lot of things I want to follow up on during the day, but many of them fall by the wayside. I follow up in a week or so, then a month or so. After that, I go with my gut (whether or not to continue pursuing the business and at what time interval), depending on how good of a fit our solutions are, and I rarely leave voicemails after the 2nd or third call.

Stephen - by sfrenkel
I’m guessing that this is what prospects say when you call them up and introduce yourself. These responses are most probably influenced by what you say at the start of the call and I know from other postings that you are trying some different openings. Aside from that, you may find this useful.

Mr Smith, I appreciate that you are happy with your current supplier and lots of my customers initially concur with what you re saying. There would have to be some very strong business reasons for you to switch from your current supplier, to someone else wouldn’t there Mr Smith?

Yes.

As I said before I think that we may have something that will be highly beneficial to your business, I’m not sure but it’ll only take a couple of minutes to find out. Tell me……….. - by marky
Thanks a lot this place is so helpful. I am trying to find new ways of going about my activities and appreciate the help. - by Jakobi
Things that are considered about leaving voicemails are:

1. Does your boss want you too, it's not worth losing your role over it.

2. Experienced decision makers know that most sales people will give up after a few calls.

3. Creating a relationship with the gatekeeper/receptionist and probing for anything that will give you the edge.

Sorry to go off topic.

The people we train never leave voicemails.............. - by PiJiL
The people we train never leave voicemails..............
If you leave lots of voice mail messages a person calls you back and you can't remember who they are or what company they are with. It puts you in a tough situation as you are unprepared.

TOP EXECS are not inclined to feel great while you try to catch up with the situation, this is not recommended form my camp. It can work, it just does not work at the highest possible percentage. Speaking to them is far more effective.

I am going to bow out of this thread ...

I do not beleive in voice mail in most cases and, if you cannot meet with them, because the prospects are all over the country, then you have a very tough business indeed.

Uniqueness is what sets you apart ... face-to-face is the bets way to sell. Quoting and order taking, as is the practice with many of the group insurance companies, this is not my style of selling at all. - by Gold Calling
If you could change one thing with your current provider what would that be? When they answer ask them why they believe they do not receive it. Is this something you can deliver ,do so. Set the appointment to convince the client to work with you.
If you cannot come in how are you going to service the client when problems arise. - by rich34232
If you could change one thing with your current provider what would that be? When they answer ask them why they believe they do not receive it.
The danger with asking it this way is it is very likely to get a NOTHING answer, since this customer has expressed they are currently happy.

And;

If they did answer what needs to be improved, there is no need to ask why the current supplier can't or won't do it the way they want. You are already in a position to capitalize on the need, don't make them think they might be able to get the current supplier to change! - by Gold Calling
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.