Home > Cold Calling > My voicemail script

My voicemail script

Hello,

I just changed my voicemail script to the following:

Hello _______,
This is _______ from _______ at _______ and I left you a voicemail on _______.
I am calling to discuss your uniform program and to save you money on your employee apparel. We are vey competitve and I would like to discuss some options that would increase your bottom line.
My number again is _______ and I would love the opportunity to introduce our company.
My last voicemail was too long I think, sometimes reaching a minute. I think this is better. It also has a GBS unlike my last one.

This is fine, right? - by Jakobi
You might try....

Hi. This is [yourname] from [yourcompany]. We are currently not doing any business with your company and certainly would like to change that situation. I would like to sit and talk with you about your business and your goals in regard to the growth of your business. Perhaps one of these days we can do business
together. Would you be open to that possibility? Call me back at [yourphonenumber]. - by jdedwa11
Hello,

My last voicemail was too long I think, sometimes reaching a minute. I think this is better. It also has a GBS unlike my last one.

This is fine, right?
Jakobi...I think it sounds pretty good...the only thing i might add is make sure you repeat slowly your name and phone two times. If you know percentages of savings that would be good to say such as; I could save you as much as 20% on your uniforms.

I like it.

MP - by MPrince
Do you guys have any numbers, as to how many people call you back from the voice mails that you leave? For example 10%, 1/10, 2/10?

Thanks - by Jumpman
Thanks for the help guys. Yeah I dont know the savings until we quote them and sometimes depending on the company they are using...we are sometimes cheaper and sometimes we are not.

There are some national players out there that have some REALLY competitive prices. However our strong point is that not many companines in our industry have the all the services that we do under one roof.

The numbers I am not sure about. I found out with voicemails is that eventually they know your name, your company name and that you will not stop calling them until you talk to them.

I leave about 100 voicemails per week. It varies because most of the people who would call me back have, and the ones left are the people who are just ghosts.

I will keep leaving them and eventually they either will keep getting voicemails or can simply return my call.

We are in B2B sales so it might be a lot different then B2C sales. - by Jakobi
Jakobi...I think it sounds pretty good...the only thing i might add is make sure you repeat slowly your name and phone two times. If you know percentages of savings that would be good to say such as; I could save you as much as 20% on your uniforms.

I like it.

MP
I agree about the slowly leave your name and phone number twice.

Aloha.... :cool: - by rattus58
Jakobi,

Results will obviously vary from customer to customer in terms of what you can save them. Do you have a strong success story or two? Or even strong numbers from one of the clients you saved money for?

In your voicemail, you might consider adding something like "we recently saved [a similar company to you] $xxx last year alone. I'd like to discuss how we can do the same for you."

Talking in bottom line, real figures can be a strong motivator for a returned call. Keep your voicemails short and sweet, but try to be as punchy and impactful as you can be. The more vague, the less callbacks.

Stephen - by sfrenkel
This is a recent script I have been having some success with maybe you should give it a try.

"Hello, this is John Boyd with Clark Chevrolet. We specialize in assisting customers in finding a car that they want, providing financing options for purchasing the car, and providing excellent service to you while you own your vehicle. I am not sure exactly where you are at in the buying process, but I wanted to get together with you so we can sit down and go over exactly what you need in your next vehicle and the different options you have when purchasing. Do you have time today or would tomorrow be better for you?"

Break Down:
"Hello, this is John Boyd with Clark Chevrolet."
Introduces who you are and who your company is.

"We specialize in assisting customers in finding a car that they want, providing financing options for purchasing the car, and providing excellent service to you while you own your vehicle."
Provide 3 benifits that you can assist customer with.

"I am not sure exactly where you are at in the buying process, but I wanted to get together with you so we can sit down and go over exactly what you need in your next vehicle and the different options you have when purchasing."

Makes the customer feel like your not trying to sell your agenda here, but shows that you want to assist the customer with his/her needs.

"Do you have time today or would tomorrow be better for you?"
Work to get a face to face. - by jrboyd
I would recommend saving the company intro till the end of the VM to avoid prejudice. Just start with a strong attention grabbing statement then move to the intro. - by Eric Galuppo
Hello,

This is fine, right?
You have just a matter of seconds before he deletes your VM so you have to get straight to the point and be powerful.

My name is ______. I have been able to save companies like, ABC Company and XYZ company thousands or dollars on their uniforms. It will only take a few minutes to find out if I can do the same for you. I will call you back tomorrow at 3p for an appointment.

ABC Company and XYZ Company are companies you have worked with or your uniform company has worked and been able to save them money. Use those names.

At least you may hold their interest long enough to hear that you can save them money.

Warmest Regards - by MPrince
You have just a matter of seconds before he deletes your VM so you have to get straight to the point and be powerful.
You can say that again!

The date and time you called before or that time or whatever ... this is not going to be verified, faged aboud it.

My name is ______. I have been able to save companies like, ABC Company and XYZ company thousands or dollars on their uniforms. It will only take a few minutes to find out if I can do the same for you. I will call you back tomorrow at 3 pm for an appointment.
Add this to the last script ... "If you want to call me in the mean time my number is ___________________"

Remember, this is about RING OF TRUTH ... you must sound like to believe it if you expect them to call you back.

And though the greats rarely leave voice mail, preferring instead to try calling until the person picks up, when you are forced to after several unsuccessful attempts, you best have practiced this ... it won't work if you are not believable (at least not as at any where near the same rate!)!

It is this issue with believe-a-bility that renders "numebrs' useless. A great phone prospector will accomplsih a successful result 400 or 500% more often - theefore ignore the baloney numbers that float around (remember to always consider the source).

Nice script MPrince. - by Gold Calling
Thanks Gold! That means a lot especially coming from you. - by MPrince
Jakobi,

Results will obviously vary from customer to customer in terms of what you can save them. Do you have a strong success story or two? Or even strong numbers from one of the clients you saved money for?

In your voicemail, you might consider adding something like "we recently saved [a similar company to you] $xxx last year alone. I'd like to discuss how we can do the same for you."

Talking in bottom line, real figures can be a strong motivator for a returned call. Keep your voicemails short and sweet, but try to be as punchy and impactful as you can be. The more vague, the less callbacks.

Stephen
Hi Jakobi,
I agree with Stephen. I believe you should leave a message that let's the listener know that you sincerely want to add value to their business and their day. It's your elevator speech (condensed) a 10 section intro to you and your value, that will give them the incentive them to call you back.

All the best!

Lindel - by The Dynamic Business
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.