Home > Interview > Clarification of Reactive Listening vs Creative Listening

Clarification of Reactive Listening vs Creative Listening

"You have two ears and one mouth, so you should listen twice as much as you talk."
No saying could be truer. However becareful how it is your listening. Theres two ways to listen. One is helpful one is pointless, Reactive listening and Creative Listening.

Reactive Listening is the worst of the two. Also known as programmed listening by some, isn't really listening at all. I know you have ran into someone like that. They hear what they want to hear. You can give a 30 minute speech, and they only hear the parts that they want to hear. It's considered closed listening, and doesnt assist you at all.

Creative Listening is completely opposite of Reactive listening. Also known as open listening, it allows you to fully comprehend what is being said, and create different solutions dependent on the situation. "Listening is like a parachute, it only works when it's open."

I hope this clarifies some things.sn; - by jrboyd
"You have two ears and one mouth, so you should listen twice as much as you talk."
No saying could be truer. However becareful how it is your listening. Theres two ways to listen. One is helpful one is pointless, Reactive listening and Creative Listening.

Reactive Listening is the worst of the two. Also known as programmed listening by some, isn't really listening at all. I know you have ran into someone like that. They hear what they want to hear. You can give a 30 minute speech, and they only hear the parts that they want to hear. It's considered closed listening, and doesnt assist you at all.

Creative Listening is completely opposite of Reactive listening. Also known as open listening, it allows you to fully comprehend what is being said, and create different solutions dependent on the situation. "Listening is like a parachute, it only works when it's open."

I hope this clarifies some things.sn;
Not completely, but as a definition, it now allows me to UNDERSTAND what you mean... and for that I thank you. You're the first to actually TAKE THE TIME to clafify this for me and I truly appreciate it. Thank you.

Much Aloha,

Tom :cool: - by rattus58
reactive . hearing but not paying attention
Creative. hearing and listening finding out the true meaning of what is stated

We had two dogs and one was great with the kids. (Reactive) Some may take this as we love dogs and have had two. reactive listening question.Do you want another dog (creative)The real meaning we had one dog that was great with the kids.Creative listening question. What kind of dog was great with the kids - by rich34232
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.