Home > Personal Development > State of Mind: Projecting Energy and Sales Success

State of Mind: Projecting Energy and Sales Success

How important to your sales success is the energy/ state of mind that you project when working with clients and prospects? - by Community Mailbox
How important to your sales success is the energy/ state of mind that you project when working with clients and prospects?
It is everything to the sale. By the way you are wording state of mind, I believe you are talking about attitude. If you are not energetic and if you do not have a great attitude then your sale will probably fail. This goes along with what NLP says. People mimic other people. If you want people to get excited about purchasing something, you must first be excited yourself. People like to be around other people that make them fell good and are energetic. Would you rather hang around with the life of the party or the one who is always moping in the corner. But real question is why would you not be excited and have a great state of mind when with a customer? If you seem bored or not intrested when with the customer it will rub off on them, and they will not be interested in what you have to say. - by jrboyd
Pretty important to me to be up on my energy level and confidence of the meeting.

Aloha.... :cool: - by rattus58
I'm a huge football fan and you hear many of the analysts and coach's say that football is 75% mental. I know it's difficult to put a percentage on some thing such as your mindset, however, I would tend to agree and say sales is 75% mental, your mind set, your attitude, what ever label you want to place on it.

It's so important to have the right attitude about the company you work for, the product you sell, yourself and the people you serve.

I'll take a sales person with high energy a great attitude who's coach able any day. The sales process can be taught. - by Jim Klein
Does anyone here watch the "Dog Whisperer" on television with Cesar Millan? He describes the effects "Energy" has on other people and animals quite well. - by Liberty
High FOCUSED energy is one of the 12 qualities of top performing salespeople, imo. - by Skip Anderson
How important to your sales success is the energy/ state of mind that you project when working with clients and prospects?
Harnessing energy from a strong sense of purpose and a powerful Intention is even more important than projecting it. Attitude, which among salespeople is often interchanged with Enthusiasm, is something that if you don't have, maybe you should find a different line of work. It should be there, but it alone will not carry you through. - by Ace Coldiron
How important? That ranks right up there with Oxygen. ;wi

Most people, and animals, can sense to one degree or another the energy/ state of mind that you're projecting. Whatever is on the inside will be projected and others will pick up on it unless you do something to control it.

Yes, right up there with Oxygen. ;co - by Houston
Yes, right up there with Oxygen.
I can see that. sn;

If I had to choose two states to model they would be "calm and assertive". thmbp2; - by Liberty
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.