Home > Consumer Behavior > Trigger Events

Trigger Events

How do you know who is on the market today?
Have you heard about or used Trigger Events as a set of tools to help you finding your next customer? - by AlenMajer
No I don't... I just keep calling... :)

Aloha... :cool: - by rattus58
How are you finding companies that have immediate wants and needs?
How are you finding new opportunities on the market for your product or service? - by AlenMajer
Quite simple... keep calling... they aren't calling me except by referral. Every product probably has events that create opportunity.... My sons first outing with the Papaya Truck created an opportunity for some new car salesman. That fire opens up opportunity for insurance salesman (was it covered properly in the first place.. could we have provided more money... predatory... :) ;bg ;bg Re-equipping the business opens up opportunity for Office Max etca. But... here is the dirty little secret about sales... You have to keep calling. You have to keep marketing yourself however you do it. You can learn new ways to market yourself, we are going to the internet this year for the first time, for example.. But... you keep on trucking...

How do you know who is on the market today?
Have you heard about or used Trigger Events as a set of tools to help you finding your next customer?
That which you have coined here as "Trigger Events" is as old as selling. Decades ago I learned the process of what we then called "statusing" which referred to monitoring change in the environment, external or internal, of a prospect or client.

It does not represent anything that is any more important today as it was then. - by Ace Coldiron
That which you have coined here as "Trigger Events" is as old as selling. Decades ago I learned the process of what we then called "statusing" which referred to monitoring change in the environment, external or internal, of a prospect or client.

It does not represent anything that is any more important today as it was then.
I absolutely LOVE this response. If we could get a tenth of the sales people who come here to get this we would make a huge difference in a lot of lives. - by Gold Calling
I absolutely LOVE this response. If we could get a tenth of the sales people who come here to get this we would make a huge difference in a lot of lives.
In what way?

It does not represent anything that is any more important today as it was then.
Trigger Events is not coined by me. I used it to explain all events that can trigger the sales opportunity for you.

Just monitoring the change does not mean that there is an opportunity for you.

Care to explain further your "statusing"? - by AlenMajer
Care to explain further your "statusing"?
"Statusing" is not mine. It was taught to me perhaps as "Trigger Events" was taught to you. It refers to the process of keeping track of observable change in clients' and prospects' internal and external environment that could signal an opportunity to sell our products or services.

I'll provide an example. Upon becoming aware of a newly formed business partnership which involves a life insurance salesperson's client, an opportunity would arise for the agent to discuss life policies on the partners' lives which would be put in place to fund a buy/sell agreement that would be executed in the event of one partner's death.

Statusing refers to the process of keeping current of the changes effecting the affairs of clients.

It's obvious that "just monitoring the change does not mean that there is an opportunity for you" any more than looking at the clouds means it's going to rain. But keeping abreast of the happenings, in our clients', our customers', and our markets' respective current environments is just plain good strategy in selling. - by Ace Coldiron
This is maybe triggered, or statused, but is part of the insurance agents normal foraging pattern. That this might in anyway be considered an "event" is a little perplexing to me... Isn't this just a noramal pattern of activity? It certainly is for us.

Aloha... Tom :cool: - by rattus58
A long time ago in a place far away a new life insurance salesman was told to monitor the newspaper for events such as recent birth, promotions or any other event that could trigger the need for insurance. :) - by Slick
Well I hope that they haven't lost that characteristic though evolution... :)

Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.